Friday, July 7, 2017

Transcriptions #10: Sarvesham Svastir Bhavatu

Sarvesham Svastir Bhavatu 12" x 12"
Transcriptions #10



Prayer: Sarvesham Svastir Bhavatu (Peace Mantra) 
Transcriptions Series

I fell in love with this Peace Mantra when I stumbled across a Youtube video of Tina Turner beautiful interpretation of it. I immediately knew I wanted to use it in one of my paintings. So, I went in search of the meaning or English translation and the Sanskrit or Hindi writing for this mantra. I found what I was looking for and the above painting is the result.

Here is the Tina Turner video of Sarvesham Svastir Bhavatu I found on YouTube.



The following words are repeated on two of the hanging strips of canvas cloth (on the right and the left). They represent the mantra's meaning.
"May there be happiness in all               
May there be peace in all               
May there be completeness in all           
May there be success in all"
And the following English transliteration can be found on the attached open book.
"Om sarveshaam swastir bhavatu   
Sarveshaam shantir bhavatu       
Sarveshaam poornam bhavatu     
Sarveshaam mangalam bhavatu   
Sarve bhavantu sukhinah       
Sarve santu niraamayaah            
Sarve bhadraani pashyantu       
Maakaschit duhkha bhaag bhavet"

Sarvesham Svastir Bhavatu
In Process

I look forward to incorporating this prayer into a larger canvas in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment